Sunday 2 July 2017

Sunday - 30km

I really felt it today, which is no big surprise. Probably compounded by running solo, time seemed to slow down. Another beautiful, yet freezing morning. I just ran the usual lap of the lake - I had contemplated running my old course along the coast for the extra hills, but decided it wasn't a smart idea given yesterday's race. Kept the pace very light and easy, so was somewhat surprised to see 4:26's once I got home - it felt much slower than that. Just arrived home and trying to track a few runners up at the Gold Coast. Ben looks like he is off to a strong start in the marathon, I really hope he can crack that 2:50 barrier. Was quite surprised to see a little less depth in the half marathon field this year, especially around the 70 minute barrier! Way different to 2015. Run of the weekend so far would have to be Scott again in the 10km yesterday - the man is on fire at the moment! Another 130+km week for me, so am happy with that. Looking forward to another week of training ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment