Tuesday 25 July 2017

Tuesday - 60 minutes steady (3:50 pace) + 8 x 100m strides

I was tempted to join the HuRTS squad to complete the 8 x 1km reps when I saw today's plan, but resisted the temptation and looked at the bigger picture. I'm better off being slightly uncooked than overcooked. I met Scotty at the Opera House gates at 12:10pm before running up to St Mary's Cathedral to pick up Barts and Quentin. The goal was to simply run for one hour at 3:50 pace - no faster. Quite an unusual pace, as it is too fast to be called 'easy' and 'recovery,' but not fast enough to be considered a 'session.' We ran to Barangaroo and finished up at the Opera House. 15.64km at exactly 3:50 pace. Then it was 8x100m strides on the grass just next to the Opera House. This really exposed my weakness at the moment - my top end speed sucks. Scotty absolutely smoked me on these. This is something I really need to work on. The good news is, I can improve drastically. About one minute standing rest in between. With a 5km warm-up and 5km cool-down, I clocked in just under 27km. No wonder I'm feeling a bit knackered right now! Not a hard run, just a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment