Tuesday 4 July 2017

Tuesday - HuRTS 5 x broken miles (1000m effort, 300m jog, 300m hard)

This would have to be one of my favourite sessions so far. Spring had come early today with the temperatures creeping into the low 20's. Combined with school holidays, there were people everywhere. Quite a good turnout considering that most people had raced on the weekend, with Quentin, myself, Andy and Jerome pushing the pace out the front. My legs felt surprisingly bouncy, and I was happy to push the pace for the 1000m part of each rep (up until the final rep, where I entered survival mode). Pace was not bad, especially considering the excessive amount of zigzagging and dodging of people, dogs, and stray trucks! All the 1km parts were consistent between 3:10-14 pace. All up, a solid session that got the heart and lungs working! A nice and easy cooldown via Barangaroo with Andy and Quentin for just under 18 and a half kilometers all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment