Sunday 16 July 2017

Sunday - 30km

I met Ben and Richard Banks at the pool at 6:15am, stoked to have some starters after two weeks of solo long runs. Not long after we picked up Hamish, bringing the number to four. I soon learnt that Ben had just done a 9km tempo run, so would be turning at Dee Why. Hamish joined him, leaving Banksy and myself for the remaining 25km. We just did the usual loop. I felt pretty tired during the second half, almost wishing that I had bought my Opal card so I could quit early. I'm unsure whether yesterday's sub-par run was a direct result of Thursday's session, or is it an early sign that I am beginning to over-reach - in which case a recovery week would be due (it has been three consecutive 130+km weeks)? We got the 30km done in 4:21's, so that was quite a bit faster than the past few weeks - which may also explain why I didn't feel as comfortable. Just over 130km for the week. I'll have a think about next week today - my priority is to still complete the speed sessions on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. So I could perhaps take a rest day tomorrow and Friday, and reduce Wednesday to 15km, bringing me down to a 100km week (which is the goal for an easier week), yet still maintain the quality. I'll make a decision before I go to bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment