Thursday 13 July 2017

Thursday - 20 minute fartlek (3' on, 2' float, 2' on, 2' float, 2' on, 1' float, 4 x 1' on/1' float)

Another busy day around Circular Quay, both with premature Bastille Day celebrations (didn't realise how many French people there are in Sydney) and Arsenal FC staying at the Hyatt - combined with beautiful weather and school holidays. I met Barts, Scotty and Quentin at the Overseas Passenger Terminal for a 12:25pm start. The two objectives for today were to get over 6km, and to stay with Barts & Scotty as long as possible (with halfway being the realistic goal). Managed to achieve both goals, with a solid 6.14km (3:15min/km average pace) along with Quentin, staying with Barts and Scotty until the start of the 1 minute efforts. Absolutely spent now though, that was the hardest (and fastest) session I have done in a long time - probably my single best run since the Sydney 10 last May. I had to sit down on a rock at Barangaroo as soon as the session finished. Even after that, Quentin started jogging slowly to cooldown while I had to powerwalk. Got going in the end. 5km warm-up and 5km cool-down for 16km all up. Looking forward to an easy run tomorrow, then need to decide what to do on Saturday. Parkrun is the most obvious choice, but the only con with that is that it is not too much different to what I just did today. But the social aspect of it might make it worthwhile, unless of course I can get some starters for some speedwork either along the beachfront or even at the track. I'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment