Saturday 8 September 2018

Saturday - Parkrun

Stoked to have some company this morning. I met Ben at the pool at 6:20 am for a slightly longer warm-up than usual, nice and easy. A solid turnout at Curl Curl Parkrun, on what was a pretty cold and very windy morning - thankfully the predicted rain never fronted. Today was all about getting some confidence back, as the past week has been terrible in that department. So no comparisons to last week, especially given the wind. It was great to see young Lachlan and Tom show up, meaning that I’d have people to chase (although I wasn’t able to offer them anything). The gun went, and it was the same as last week - absolutely no speed whatsoever off the line (it’s quite funny actually). Got into my rhythm after about 500 m, and at that stage both Tom and Lachlan had gapped me. It pretty much stayed this way for the remaining 4.5 km, both progressively getting further in front. It didn’t bother me, I knew I was working hard as it was (which wasconfirmed by the heart rate monitor). The third and final kilometer were particularly brutal straight into that southerly wind. Crossed the line in third place in 17:22 (3:28’s), only marginally slower than last Saturday inntougher conditions. So I’ll take that given the week I’ve had. Great runs by Tom and Lachlan, as well as Ben getting ever so close to going under 18 again. After a brief chat with everyone, Tom, Ben and I shuffled slowly back home. 17 km all up, and a slight much needed boost to my confidence. Looking forward to a much more positive week next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment