Tuesday 25 September 2018

Tuesday - 7 x 1 km (off 1’)

Unlike last week, I sacrificed sleep for some company. I met Erika and Ben in the cycle lane just at the bottom of Raglan St at 6am for the usual Tuesday morning 1 km reps. A change in location was due to the setup for the Manly Jazz Festival, where the path opposite The Corso is generally roped off for a week or two. Adding in another rep is always slightly intimidating, so I did my best to counteract this by keeping the first few reps as comfortable as I could (i.e. I paced it properly). All up, a solid session, finishing with 3:21, 3:23, 3:23, 3:22, 3:24, 3:22 and 3:26. Consistent, which was the goal. Ever so slightly slower than last week, but I had an extra rep today, and I reckon that running along the other half of the beachfront cycle lane is more accurate (I seemed to start and stop at the exact same markers for each rep). A long slow cool-down with Ben for just over 17 km all up. Always glad to get through that session - probably the toughest of the week. The plan is for an eighth rep next week (while trying to maintain a similar pace), before capping it at eight and focusing on gradually increasing the pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment