Thursday 20 September 2018

Thursday - 16 km with middle 20’ at threshold

I waited as long as I could for the rain to clear, because it was going to according to the iPhone. After delaying my run by 25 minutes, I ventured out in the rain that still hasn’t cleared now. It wasn’t so bad once I was out in it. Up to North Head this morning for my favourite weekly session, dodging torrents of flowing water at specific points throughout each lap (the drainage is terrible up there). A moderate southeasterly didn’t cheer me up, but it did toughen me up. Similarly to last week, the 20 minute effort in the middle of the run was run at that ‘comfortably hard’ intensity, never going over that red line into the work of lactate (which is a strange sensation, especially in the final few minutes where I’m used to pushing every last bit out to finish exhausted). I managed to cover 5.73 km (3:29’s), so a solid improvement from last Thursday in much worse conditions. More importantly, the intensity was spot on once again. Finished the remainder of the run at a nice and comfortable pace for a solid end to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment