Tuesday 11 September 2018

Tuesday - 5 x 1 km (off 60”)

I made a few progressions from last week - I added an extra rep (was thinking of adding another one again, but thought better of it - there’s no rush at the moment), I reduced the rest period to 60 seconds, and I ran each interval at a fractionally faster pace. So all in all, I’m satisfied. Another stunning morning, although quite warm with some haze on the horizon. And of course, pretty crowded given the conditions. I was left solo after Chris tweaked his calf over the weekend, and with Kona only 5 weeks away, the last thing he needs to do is to turn that into a torn calf. So in the bike lane I went, starting at Manly LSC and running the reps up to North Steyne and back. Times were 3:24, 3:23, 3:24, 3:24, and 3:27. Very consistent, not too fast, but reducing the rest period makes it a hell of a lot tougher. The plan is to simply add another rep each week, holding all other variables constant, until I reach eight (no need to go beyond that). A nice and easy long cool-down for just over 17 km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment