Thursday 13 September 2018

Thursday - 16 km with middle 20’ at threshold

Back to my favourite session - it’s been a long while. I drove up to North Head and ran three-and-a-half laps (16 km), with the middle 20 minutes at threshold pace (around 85% HRmax). The heart rate monitor was once again a bit erratic, but slowly improved throughout the session. In the end, I really just ran on feel - keeping the threshold effort solid and controlled (something new for me, as in the past I would have tried to have raced it). Ended up with 5.7 km at 3:31’s for the 20 minutes (pretty much exactly where I thought I was at this point in time), at 162 bpm (not sure how accurate the latter is, but that feels about right). Happy with that, as I could have absolutely pushed harder and gone further if I needed to, but then that would defeat the point of the session. Straight into the remaining 5.3 km at a nice and cruisy pace. As I mentioned earlier, I love this session - you just get straight into it with no mucking around, and it’s over fairly quickly. Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow, I’ve run 117 km since Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment