Saturday 16 February 2019

Saturday - parkrun

I decided to give parkrun a go today, given my planned session was not too dissimilar to a 5k effort. I met Tim outside North Steyne SLSC for an easy warm-up to Curl Curl. It's no secret that I'm really struggling at the moment, so my expectations were very low (i.e. I was thinking that I'd be on for around 17:30). It was a great turnout in terms of quality runners, which is always a good sign (I just wish that I was in better form so that I could have made more of it). Ended up crossing the line in fifth in 16:51 (3:22's) at 166 bpm. Given the current context, I'll take that. Jack was solid, winning in a sub 16, and Tim was great finishing about 15 seconds in front of me. A nice and easy cool-down along the beachfront for 17 km all up. I'm a bit lost with want to do moving forward, as I don't think I'm able to sustain my current running program combined with the gym work. A lot of soul searching is needed over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment