Tuesday 26 February 2019

Tuesday - 4 x 1 mile (off 90”), 5 x 200 m (off 1’)

Back to the track once again this morning for a solo session. I’ve been doing some soul searching, as despite training very consistently, I’m simply not responding and making any progress. So, I’ve decided to trial a period with a reduction in mileage (hence why there was no run yesterday). This method worked back in 2014 (the year that I initially had a breakthrough), so I’ve got nothing to loose by trying it again. I’ll simply replace the easy runs with some gym work. Anyway, today’s session was nothing special in terms of pace, but encouragingly I felt fine. Times were 5:18, 5:19, 5:24 and 5:28 (averaging 5:22’s, or 3:21 min/km pace). Finished off with some 200’s, all in 34 seconds. A good solid session. I suppose I shouldn’t be too impatient while I wait for some performance to come back (especially since I literally decided to drop the mileage at 4 am yesterday morning). Again, I actually feel good - I just don’t have that extra gear. Hopefully a few track sessions to mix it up a bit will help over the next month or two. A slow cool-down, finished off once back at home (to minimise the traffic) for just over 17 km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment