Saturday 2 February 2019

Saturday - Sun Run

My first proper race since August 2017, so I really didn’t put too much pressure on myself. The main goal was to simply get through it, which I failed to do at my two attempts at racing 10 km in 2018. I met CT, Birchy, Erika, Elle and Tom outside Bike Addiction for a slow and easy warm-up to the startline. The plan was to not go out too hard, something that is much easier said than done. But I stayed true to my word this time. About 300 m into the race someone knocked my house key out of my hand. I had to make a split decision as to what was more important - my time, or being able to get into my place post-race? The latter won, and I’m now very glad that I made that choice. From then on CT got about 10 seconds in front of me, and that’s pretty much where he stayed until the end. Crossed the line in what I believe was 12th (unofficial) in 35:07. Nothing special, but then again I’m not overly disappointed either. It was nice just to simply see the finish line of a 10 km race once again, and hopefully excise some demons. Great runs by Elle (she finished 3rd in the women’s), Erika, Tom and CT. A very slow cool-down with the crew before catching up with my sister, nephew and mum for a coffee at Pure Wholefoods. I’ve got three months to hit peak shape for the Sydney 10 in May - hopefully that’s enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment