Tuesday 5 February 2019

Tuesday - 8 x 1 km (off 1')

I was slightly apprehensive about doing a session this morning given that I'd raced on Saturday, but I still went out there and thought I'd give it a go and see how I felt. Worst case scenario I'd back it off a bit. I actually felt pretty good during he warm-up, so I think that I made the right decision. I was joined by Ruth (who also raced on Saturday) for some 1 km reps. A moderately strong southerly further reinforced that it wasn't going to be a PB session - the even reps straight into it were quite a bit slower. Reps were 3:11, 3:24, 3:16, 3:26, 3:20, 3:29, 3:22 and 3:29. Nothing special by any means, but given the conditions it wasn't too bad. The heart rate maxed out at 181 bpm, so the effort was certainly there - which is the best gauge on days like today. We were finished before sunrise, so got to enjoy a nice and easy cool-down along the beachfront just as it was rising. Just over 17 km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment