Sunday 10 February 2019

Sunday - 30 km

I’m just glad I survived that one this morning. Great conditions with a big drop in humidity, a lovely southwesterly wind and not a cloud in the sky. Four hours sleep and a sugar equivalent of a hang-over saw me just grind away praying for the finish. I was joined by old primary school mate Tim, but it wasn’t a terribly social run as the pace didn’t stay within the talking zone for too long. He’d just returned from a fortnight of snowboarding in Japan, so to just get through the run was a massive effort on his behalf. I got back in a half respectable time of 2:01:28 holding 4:03’s at 145 bpm - quite a bit faster than I had planned. I think that I just wanted to get it done, hence why I ran it slightly faster. Happy to get through the week, my first in which included three gym sessions. All in all, the sessions were slower than usual (as expected), but the encouraging thing was that Saturday was better than Thursday, which was better than Tuesday. It’ll be interesting to see how long it takes me to adapt to the strength work while maintaining the running sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment