Sunday 17 February 2019

Sunday - 30 km

I was really running on empty this morning, so the plan was to simply get the distance out. I really backed it off, which felt nice for about the first 10 km or so. After this, my legs turned to lead and the last two-thirds were a real struggle. The heart rate was nice and low, but the legs were screaming. I just had tough it out and get to the end. Ran past the Manly Crew while they were having a drink at Dee Why Beach towards the end. I was tempted to stop, but with only 5 km to go, I was concerned about having to stop then start again. Got back home in 2:07:22 holding 4:15’s at 137 bpm. Not as slow as I thought I was going to be (I was thinking close to 4:30’s). I’ll really do absolutely nothing for the rest of today, and run tomorrow’s recovery super easy. A few tweaks to my gym program will hopefully sort myself out, I’ve just got to get the balancing act right, which inevitably involves a bit of trial and error - hopefully that’s it for the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment