Sunday 13 September 2015

Sunday long run - 30km

Felt under pressure this morning to burn off the overindulgence of Ethiopian food I ate last night! I can honestly not ever remember being so full! So much so, I only had ONE cup of tea before I went to bed (instead of my usual 5 or 6)!!! Probably pushed myself slightly harder this morning, but similar to yesterday afternoon, found myself having to back the pace off a few times throughout due to the heart rate (which was 100% reliable today) pushing the edges of the threshold zone. Got the entire run done in 1 hour 53 minutes and 39 seconds, a whole 70 seconds quicker than previously. Average pace was 3:47 min/km, with the heart rate slightly towards the upper zones of aerobic, averaging 149 beats per minute. Like always, my last kilometre was the quickest, this time it was a 3:13. Time for another swim, and maybe a sleep to recover from dinner last night (and perhaps the run as well)!

No comments:

Post a Comment