Sunday 27 September 2015

Sunday long run (30km)

Probably ran this too fast once again. Like always, I tried to keep my heart rate in check - having to remind myself to back it off a few times throughout. When I looked outside pre-run, it was pouring down. Replaced my singlet with my rain jacket, and ironically not a drip of rain the entire 30km! Now it's raining as I write this. Over the weather. Oh yeah, and the last 4km (from North Curl Curl back to home) the southerly (read headwind) decided to show up. Got home in 1 hour 51 minutes and 21 seconds, about 90 seconds quicker than last week. This averaged out at 3:43 min/km pace, which should be a bit quicker once the hills are removed. My heart rate was pushing the high end of the aerobic zone, averaging 151 beats per minute. Unlike last week, the last kilometre was slightly slower at 3:13. Who cares anyway, it's only the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment