Thursday 10 September 2015

Thursday session - Deek's Quarters (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

I don't know which hurts more - Mona Fartlek or Deek's Quarters? Whilst the latter is shorter, so to are the floats relative to the efforts, essentially negating the approximately four and a half minute shorter duration (speed depending of course)! Nevertheless, I generally finish both feeling like vomiting and collapsing (although not in the same way as the late John Bonham from Led Zeppelin)! Felt great today, probably because I was proactive yesterday in noticing the first signs of a mild cold. Got the session out in a new PB of 15:20 - had I have known that, I would have run a second quicker to go sub-15:20! Oh well! Like always, a long cooldown of 9.2km back home for 17km all up.

8km recovery run this afternoon with an average pace and heart rate of 4:38 min/km and 118 beats per minute respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment