Tuesday 22 September 2015

Tuesday session - Mona Fartlek (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Slightly tougher than usual conditions out there this morning, with a progressively increasing south-westerly wind ensuring a predominant headwind for the session. Really pushed my recovery yesterday as I was very sore after the weekend's efforts. So actually felt fresher than expected this morning. Matty called in sick following his great effort at the Blackmore's Half Marathon on Sunday, leaving me solo. Psyched myself up and went at it once again. Felt strong for the first 14 minutes, but once you turn under the stone arch (when it becomes uphill), it is simply just hold on and finish (as always). This was made worse again because of the headwind. Nevertheless, hung in there and finished in 6.13km. Very happy with that due to the wind, and I honestly could not have gone any harder. Matty appeared for a friendly cool down, so heard all about his race along the 8km cooldown back home. Convinced him to join me for Thursday morning's session - if the forecast is right, it should be messy and ugly!

Got out for an easy 8km this afternoon. Massive southerly made things fun, but at least I stayed dry. Averaged 4:30 min/km pace and 120 beats per minute.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete