Thursday 24 September 2015

Thursday session - Deek's quarters (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Tough, windy, wet and cold. That's the only way to sum up this morning's session. Oh yeah, and 'slow.' Worst conditions I have run in at North Head since that freak low pressure system that hit Sydney in mid-April. I was joined by Matty, Oscar and Sigrid this morning - breaking the record for number of participants for a Thursday session (previous record was one - just me)! Grinder through the session, as I knew the overall time was not going to be pretty. Simply hurt and pushed myself as hard as usual, but was right about the time - finishing in 15:53. Matty got home a strong 40 seconds behind me, with both Sigrid and Oscar putting in brave efforts in tough conditions to finish strong. Horrible day for their first runs with us. Jogged around for another lap before heading back home, 17km all up. The wind is only getting worse now, need to rug up and stay indoors (except for another 8km recovery run this afternoon).

Bad timing once again - managed to cop a consistent downpour from the 2km mark onwards this afternoon. Heart rate went funny (i.e. stopped monitoring properly). Averaged 4:22 min/km pace, faster than what I should have run, but determined to get home and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment