Sunday 20 September 2015

Sunday long run - 30km

Out for another long Sunday run following another awesome dinner with my good friends Michael & Lorie. I think it is an understatement to say that I am obsessed with Ethiopian food. Not only does it taste unbelievable, I am yet to have a bad run the day after! Today was no exception. Despite telling myself that last week's run was too fast, similarly today I ran purely on heart rate. The aim was to keep it under 150 beats per minute, which is kind of towards the higher end of the 'aerobic' zone for me. Nevertheless, got the run done almost a minute quicker this week, finishing in 1 hour 52 minutes and 51 seconds - averaging 3:46 min/km pace. Surprisingly got the last kilometre out in 3:08! Average heart rate was 145, but had about 800m or so early on where it dropped to 100 (measurement error, I hope)! Nice conditions once again, to run in - that is. No real wind, overcast with light rain here and there. Now the worry for today is - Afghan or Cuban cuisine for dinner tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment