Tuesday 15 September 2015

Tuesday session - Mona Fartlek (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Surprised this morning. Woke up feeling like crap! Didn't want to open my eyes at all, let alone get out of bed and run. Dragged myself out and met Matty at 7:05am out the front of mine. Jogged up to North Head, trying to convince myself the whole way that I should actually do the session. In hindsight, it may have been the combination of a tough hills session on Saturday and a solid long run on Sunday catching up with me. Plus it was hot! Nonetheless, put my head down and simply just grinder out the session, never to sure where exactly I was until about the 10 minute mark - where I realised that I was further ahead than normal. Held on for the last brutal half, finishing with 6.13km. Very happy and satisfied with the run. Matty had another solid run with 5.8km, made even more impressive with a recent tweak to his technique. Jogged back home together for a solid 17km all up (20km for Matty). Will get another 8km in this afternoon running around the former PM's electorate.

8km easy this afternoon, keeping the heart rate nice and low averaging 121 beats per minute. 4:32 min/km pace, although I think the GPS might have read fractionally short.

No comments:

Post a Comment