Saturday 21 May 2016

Saturday - 2 laps of the white fence tempo + 4 x (300m, 200m, 100m hills) (jog/walk recovery) (am) + 40 minutes recovery (pm)

Today was just what I needed - a good confidence booster! Quite a massive session actually. A few new faces (as there is each week as the squad progressively increases in size), the most familiar of them being Neil Pearson who just signed up this week! Great to see. Anyway, the session was (yes, I predicted part of it prior to Gary announcing it) 2 laps of the white fence (anticlockwise) followed by hills. I had Matty pushing me hard for the first lap, as he took it relatively easy initially (I was always behind him, but just seeing him spurred me on). Got through the first lap in 11:44, then Matty took off. I held on to finish in 23:36, seven seconds quicker than last time (which was the week before the Sydney 10), so very satisfied with that (7.2km in 3:16's). I though I would really struggle today, as I have felt flat all week (and was slightly paranoid that I may have pushed into the sessions too soon). We all gathered our breath and crossed the road for what seemed to be an eternity of hill reps. Just ran these within myself, watching a few of the others fly for the first set or two before fading significantly for the last bits. I was consistent, just focusing on getting through it all. Finished off with a nice 5km cooldown talking to Chris about restaurants to try. 20.5km all up. The plan is to get another 40 minutes in just before (a late) lunch.

Out for an easy 40 minutes before lunch. Felt remarkably great! Nice surprise as I struggled walking to the coffee shop after this morning's session. 8.86km in 4:31's. Just shy of 30km for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment