Thursday 26 May 2016

Thursday cross-training - 80 minutes continuous (20' easy, 20' fartlek, 5' easy, 20' effort, 15' easy) (am) + 40 minutes recovery on the stationary bike (pm)

Either I have gotten weaker over the past ten years (likely), or the newer versions of the Concept 2 rowing ergo's are built tougher (wishful thinking). The last time I was on one of these beasts was back in 2006, in the twilight of my kayaking days - where I was a million times stronger weighing in at a solid 85kg. So you can imagine my shock when jumping on the ergo this morning to replicate the prescribed run session trying to hold an effort pace and only very occasionally sneaking under 2:00 per 500m pace. Anyway, held sub 2:20's for the initial 20 minutes, low 2's for the 2 minute efforts, around 2:15's for the one minute floats, then around 2:03's for the 20 minute effort. 18.5km all up holding just under 2:10 pace. Bloody boring, and cannot wait until I can run again. If anything, it will rekindle my passion for it. You can deal with injury one of two ways - you can be unproductive, sit around and sulk feeling sorry for yourself - or harden the 'f' up and make the most out of a bad situation. I'll go for the latter. Might try and head back for another 40 minutes easy this afternoon on the stationary bike.

40 minutes easy spinning on a random stationary bike in a gym at Balmain in between clients. Boring as!

No comments:

Post a Comment