Sunday 29 May 2016

Sunday two hours - 60 minutes rowing, 20 minute run, 40 minute stationary cycle

Not quite there yet, frustratingly so. Got through the torturous 60 minutes on the ergo, holding a much respectable pace of 2:10/500m (compared with Friday), getting 13.8km (a further kilometer than Friday). Went firm but definitely kept it within the 'easy' realm. Then I was like a kid on Christmas Eve - so bloody excited to go for a run. I had hoped for a 60 minute jog along the beachfront. First few steps were magic, but within a couple of hundred meters the Achilles started nagging again. Admittedly, it didn't get significantly worse, but just didn't feel right. Got up to the lagoon, turned around and headed back to the gym. However, on the way back, there were intermittent periods where I felt I could have gone on for the 60 minutes. Ended up deciding against this, and when 20 minutes elapsed, I reluctantly walked back into the gym. Burnt out of rowing (not to mention the blisters on my hands), I decided to spin the legs on the bike for 40 minutes - giving me two hours of aerobic stimulus all up. The Achilles is a bit achy now, but much better than would have been the case had I pushed for another 40 minutes. Got to take each day as it comes I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment