Tuesday 31 May 2016

Tuesday cross-training - 4 x (30, 60, 90, 60, 30 seconds; 30 float) (90 seconds rest between sets) + 40 minutes steady (am) + 40 minutes spinning on the stationary bike (pm)

A slightly modified session to what was on the program this morning. Gary gave me an extra set and less rest due to the fact that I was rowing - not running the session. Really enjoyed this, as all other sessions on the ergo have been long efforts and continuous rows. This broke it up nicely. And it was hard! The averages came down as the session progressed, which was ideal. Averages for each of the four efforts were 1:57:1, 1:57:3, 1:56:5, and 1:55:8. This got me just shy of 6.8km. Again, the OCD animal in me saw that a steady 8.2km row would bring the session up to 15km. This was tough, psychologically. Effort wise it was much easier than the session itself, but just to row on the machine for that long is mentally tough. Got to the 8.2km and then convinced myself that another four and a half minutes would bring it up to 16km. So I went with the latter, holding around 2:09 pace. Nice and steady. Praying for the Achilles to come good, as this is doing my head in sitting indoors and training. Although, it was wet and cold this morning, so not a massive loss. Will try and sit on the exercise bike for a 40 minute spin sometime later today.

Went up to Fatness First (typo intended) in Randwick using a free one session trial pass. They tried to sign me up on an annual membership (as they do). I had none of it. 40 minutes spinning on the bike, 21.27km nice and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment