Sunday 22 May 2016

Sunday - 28km

I think I just broke my record for the slowest ever long run. And I am happy with that! A big return this morning in terms of numbers - at one point we had Barts, Tom, Macca, Emma, Erika, Toby, Andy, Hamish and myself. I was fairly exhausted after yesterday, so didn't budge at all when I saw the first few kilometers in the 4:50's. Got out the usual lap of the lake. I ended up surpassing the prescribed two hours as it would have had me finishing at 26km, which was still a fair walk back home. So decided to run to Queenscliff for 28km all up. A very slow but great 4:35 average. Met up with Macca, Tom and Barts at The Emporium post run. Tried to convince Barts that The Shop Next Door and/or Foundry Fifty-Three a bit further down the road are much better breakfast and coffee options. Just over 120km for the week. Enter the Launceston 10 last night, so three weeks until the next big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment