Saturday 28 November 2015

Saturday session - 10 x 2 minutes (off 90 secs standing recovery) (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Another deceptive one! Although I did appreciate the prolonged recovery between efforts - again, something I am not accustomed to these days. The flip side is that you have to run the efforts harder! This is where I got exposed somewhat in Tuesday - my top end speed is not quite there these days. One too many threshold runs, Mona Fartleks and Quarters sessions (the latter two, despite being fast, the lack of rest in between efforts renders it more of a speed endurance/even threshold session)! Did these from Manly LSC to where ever 2 minutes south took me, before turning around for the evens. Headwind up, tailwind back. The good news is that I set a record for my HRMax - 194 beats per minute! Didn't know I had in me! Remembered to pace the session appropriately, as ten repetitions is not a small amount. The rest between each effort felt smaller as the session progress, while the efforts felt longer. First effort was definitely the fastest (based on where I finished), however the pace was playing up in that one. Ended up averaging 3:03 pace for entire ten reps (having no baseline, I reckon that this is okay), ranging from 3:00 to 3:08 (that ninth rep into the wind hurt)! 655m average for all efforts. Never super fast along the esplanade for some reason, I think that the GPS goes berserk with the tall pine trees and buildings. 17km all up including the warm-up and cool-down. A very different sort of tiredness after this - my heart and lungs felt ok, just the legs felt heavy and unresponsive by the end of the session.

8km easy before a late lunch. GPS read to far, so 4:28's is probably not accurate (would have been a few seconds per km slower) at 125 beats per minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment