Sunday 29 November 2015

Sunday long run - 30km

Major case of DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) this morning. Those two minutes efforts yesterday rendered the legs to concrete slabs this morning. That coupled with a 15km strong headwind during the first half made for tough conditions (definitely not world record conditions this morning). The biggest flaw I make in my training week is the pace of my long run - it's far too fast! I don't know whether it is an ego thing, or whether I am subliminally trying to impress others on Strava - but put simply, there is no way I should be running sub-4 minute kilometres, especially on a hilly route like my traditional course. I made an effort to really run in feel today, monitored by my heart rate to ensure that this was achieved. Normally I would be averaging over 150's, today I took it back to aiming for 145's. Every little step counts I suppose. In the end, still too fast, but this will be a work in progress. 3:55's average, at 145 beats per minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment