Saturday 21 November 2015

Saturday session - 10 x 400m hills with quick jog back down recovery (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Back to Collins Flat this morning. Kind of relaxed, as I kind of find hills more of a novelty session. Don't know what made me think that - it was absolutely brutal this morning! I actually don't know how I finished the session! First five were good, then up to seven I hung in there - but those last three were torture! Simply put my head down and made sure I finished the session (which was tough, as I felt like I was going to collapse on every second step). Nevertheless, got the session out in 29:38, a full 29 seconds quicker than last time (note that this is only the second time I have done this session). Unfortunately unit doesn't get any easier with practice. 17km all up including a warm-up and a hill-free cooldown. Averaged 3:36 pace for the hill repeats (including downhill recoveries). Humid out there, but overall much cooler than yesterday. Just glad it's over to be honest!

Out for an easy 8km this afternoon. 4:29's at 123 beats per minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment