Thursday 12 November 2015

Thursday session - 16km run with 20 minutes at threshold pace (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Same as last week, minus the rain - plus the humidity. I think I would rather the former. Back to Passmore Oval for a boring, yet undistracting 16km run with 20 minutes at threshold in the middle. Configured my watch this week so I had an idea of my pace, as last week I went out too hard in 3:08's. Got the first 5km out in 3:52's, probably too fast but felt ok. Started out much steadier for the 20 minutes, first km in 3:15. The goal is essentially to run this between 3:15-3:20 pace. Next few km's were 3:12's, I think one of them even went down to 3:10 pace. Got out 6.25km averaging 3:12 min/km pace, with the the heart rate peaking at 177. Again, probably too fast - but it wasn't really until the last 5 minutes when I really began hurting. Finished the remaining distance at 3:46 pace, finishing the 16km at 3:35 min/km pace.

Great work to everyone who ran last night at the JP Morgan CC. Standout performers were no doubt Quentin (second outright, beating Barts), and Tom (fourth outright), the latter having a tough time with injury over the last few months, so an amazing effort. Apparently Neil Pearson got mistaken for me???

Out late for another easy 8km. Managed to get caught in the only bit of rain again today! 4:31's averaging 119 beats per minute.

1 comment: