Saturday 14 November 2015

Saturday session - 7 x 3 mins (60 sec jog recovery) + 1 x 1 min (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

At Manly training this morning, solo! Sigrid did join, but she was late and we were totally out of sync. The original session was 8 x 3 mins (60 sec jog recovery). Honestly never felt great this morning, more in terms of motivation than physically. It was raining initially, along with a moderate southerly wind (which in fact was not that bad). Did the reps along the beachfront. The goal was to hold an average of 3:10 for the session. Really started having doubts into the third rep, and had to convince myself to just get a fourth rep out! 5-7 was a bit of a blur, although I know that by this stage my heart rate was staying raised for the minute of jog recovery - I was spent! Undecided as to whether to complete the eighth rep, I started out - but I was on struggle street. 60 seconds in and I had had enough - the pace was starting to push over 3:20. Average splits were 3:06, 3:09, 3:10, 3:12, 3:09, 3:13, and 3:12. All up, 3:10 average - which I am satisfied with. The eighth rep simply would have pushed that average out the window! Always tough along the beachfront, can never seem to get the pace as quick as what I would be able to at Centennial Park or Passmore Oval. Oh well, got it done (mostly) in the end. 3km warmup and 5.5km cooldown for 17km all up.

Easy 8km just before lunch. 4:25's at 123 beats per minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment