Thursday 19 November 2015

Thursday session - 16km run with 20 minutes at threshold pace (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Back to Passmore Oval for what now appears to be my weekly threshold run. With sweltering conditions yesterday and forecast for the next two days, I was up earlier (a whole ten minutes) to do my best to avoid the heat. As with the past two weeks, ran the first 5km at a steady pace - averaging 3:47's. Before going any further, I am slightly sceptical that this morning's lap of Passmore read slightly long - I generally got 0.66km as opposed to 0.65km per lap, although you could argue that I had to stick to the left a whole lot more this week as there were quite a few others out there this morning. Nonetheless, got the middle dreaded 20 minutes out in 3:10's, feeling in control most of the way until the final 3 or so minutes where I began losing peripheral vision (overrated anyway)! Despite reading a slightly faster pace than usual, I ended up running slightly further than last week as I started slightly earlier and finished at the same part of the lap as last week. Will have to look at the data to figure out the heart rate, but from what I can gather thus far it maxed out at 174. The remainder of the run (4.68km) was run at a comfortable 3:45 - I know this doesn't seem 'comfortable' per se, but it feels like a jog compared to the previous 20 minutes. 16km all in 56:27, averaging 3:32's at 155 beats per minute. Now for a easy recovery run before lunch (in the heat)!

The heat wasn't too bad, although I had the luxury of running along the esplanade at Manly! 4:32's at 124 beats per minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment