Tuesday 3 November 2015

Tuesday session - 10x400m hill reps with quick jog recovery (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Almost pulled the pin this morning. So close! Psychologically stale after months on end of Mona Fartlek Tuesday's and Quarters' Thursday's have taken their toll on me. As I mentioned yesterday, I had decided to persist one more week with this formula. However, this was simply one week too far. I had already missed the opportunity to train with Tom, Quentin and Jamie at Passmore, who were doing 12x500m on a 3:00 cycle. Disappointed with myself, I decided to simply jog for 10-15km. However, when I started moving I actually felt half decent. Decided to run to North Head, the shitty conditions and strong(ish) southerly assisted myself to make the final decision to implement my new plan this week - as originally planned. Ran to the bottom of Collins Flat, which is a windy 800m hill down to the Police Headquarters. With no expectations, I felt free and simply pushed out 10x400m reps. Not a bad hill, as it progressively flattens out the higher you go. It peaks at 14% up to the 170m mark, dropping to 11% to the 340m mark, then flattening out somewhat to the 400m mark - designated by a unique looking tree. Jog recoveries were quick, resuming the next repetitions as soon as I got back to the start. Plan was for 8-10 reps. Hit the wall by the 7th, so the last 3 were a fair bit slower. Simply getting it done was great though. 30:07 all up. According to the GPS my average lace was 3:38min/km. It also said that I had run 8.28km, which I am not 100% convinced about. Didn't fancy running back up for the cool-down back home, so followed the trail (and got lost twice) back to East Esplanade before heading to Shelly Beach and returning home. 17km all up. Another easy 8km will be on the cards, preferably before lunch once again.

No escaping the rain (or drizzle). 8km easy, holding 4:33's at 125 beats per minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment