Sunday 6 December 2015

Sunday long run - 30km

The plan this morning was to once again back the pace off, preferably to just over 4:00 min/km. Didn't have the actual pace setting up on my GPS (prefer to look at the heart rate during my 'non-session' runs), and just ran on feel. Effort-wise, I definitely felt like I had backed it off somewhat compared to last week. However, to my surprise, I ended up finishing the 30km in 1 hour 54 minutes and 28 seconds, averaging 3:49 min/km pace. Way too fast! The heart rate was quite good, sitting at 146 beats per minute. Got out a solid final kilometre in 3:10 (I pushed this one, so no hiding here)! Feel ok at the moment, but will no doubt pay for this later today and tomorrow. Time for the ocean followed by a homemade Acai berry bowl!

2 comments:

  1. That pace on your mileage / speedwork in these temps is just frightening. I'm going to do a Manly LR maybe 2nd half of Dec or Jan and would like to finish up with this Acai bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love that mate! Always welcome up this way!

    ReplyDelete