Tuesday 22 December 2015

Tuesday Hills (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

10 x 400m hills with a quick jog recovery - in other words, an 8km time trial! On hills! The fourth time I have done this session now, and it is still relentless. Tricky this morning, as I had to be slightly more cautious on the downhills, especially turning around at the bottom prior to commencing the ensuing hill rep. Joined by Scotty again this morning, who had a solid session - running over a minute quicker than last time (although I don't know if he respected Collins Flat Hill prior to last session). Myself, I was a whole four seconds slower than last time, getting the session done in 29:06. Didn't collapse on the ground after the 10th rep this time, so perhaps had something left in the tank? Not really - I was spent by the start of the seventh rep, and (as always with this session) simply put my head down and completed the session (it's generally from the eighth rep onwards when you really have to convince yourself to keep going). All-in-all, happy with the run. Of course I always want to go faster than last time, but given the conditions (and the fact that last time I set a massive new benchmark) I have to be very satisfied. A nice 5.8km cooldown back home via some nice trails for 17km all up. I don't want to see any inclinations whatsoever for a while now!

No avoiding the rain this afternoon. An easy 8km, with the Esplanade all to myself! 4:34's at 116.

No comments:

Post a Comment