Thursday 24 December 2015

Threshold Thursday (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Couldn't believe the size of the line of people queuing up at Harris Farm Seafood Markets at 645am! Absolutely insane. This was on my way to Passmore Oval for my weekly threshold run - 16km with the middle 20 minutes at threshold pace. As I always say, each week feels more comfortable, despite either matching my previous week's distance or bettering it. This week was the former, down to the meter! As always, the GPS severely over-read the distance, claiming that I was holding a laughable 3:04 pace! Again, this would realistically be 8-10 seconds per kilometre slower. Felt strong, hard(ish) but in control the whole time. Finished the rest off for 16km all up. That line was even bigger on the way home!

Out before lunch for an encore - 8km very nice and easy, averaging 4:31's at 121.

No comments:

Post a Comment