Sunday 20 December 2015

Sunday long run - 30km

Nice and warm out there this morning. Originally toiled with the idea of getting up an hour earlier in an attempt to avoid the heat, but in the end sleep won. Nevertheless, it wasn't too bad - any later and I think I would have been in trouble. Really felt the legs protesting from the speed work yesterday, similar to three weeks ago when I did a similar session on the Saturday. Then again, this sluggishness was only present until I turned around at the 17km mark, so perhaps it was simply due to running straight into a northerly headwind. Upon turning around, I felt really good again. So much so that I had to consciously reduce the pace numerous times. Had a sting final kilometre again, finishing in 3:04. All up, 30 seconds slower than last Sunday, averaging 3:47 min/km pace at 146 beats per minute. Cannot wait to get into the ocean! Might skip the acai berry bowl this morning - felt slightly sick the last two Sunday's after it. Stick to the tried and trusted muesli with som Kensington Prides!

No comments:

Post a Comment