Tuesday 1 December 2015

Tuesday session - 5 x 1 mile (off 2 minutes standing recovery) (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Up earlier than usual this morning as Matty was joining me. Good call in the end, as the forecast is for some early north westerly winds (i.e. 'bushfire' winds). Up early enough to avoid them, but still quite balmy. Did this session three weeks earlier, and was hoping to run it much faster this morning. The good news was that it was faster - but not as much as I had hoped for. The first four reps were great - that bloody last rep ruined it though. In hindsight, I was gone for the last one, and it took more effort to convince myself to actually finish it, rather than try to hold a respectable pace. Times were 4:59, 4:57, 5:01, 5:08, and an embarrassing 5:24. Averaged 3:11 minute/km pace, thanks to the last rep. A full second per kilometre quicker than three weeks ago, so shouldn't really complain too much. Bloody tough session though! 17km all up with a warm-up and cool-down.

Out in the middle of the day (and heat) for an easy second run. Really listened to my body, which is still smashed after this morning's run. 4:37's at 123 beats per minute.

2 comments:

  1. What watch are you wearing at moment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Spiky massage ball

    ReplyDelete