Wednesday 23 December 2015

Wednesday medium long run (20km) + strides

Absolute madness out there today. After 36 hours of torrential downpour, it would appear that every man and his dog had a severe case of cabin fever! Who didn't I see out there this morning? First up it was Charlie who overtook me in the first kilometre of my running. He was really on the limit and pushing hard. Didn't think too much of it until I saw him stop at Shelly Beach, where I was greeted by Macca and a few others from the Manly Crew. Upon turning around, I saw Tom running hard towards Shelly as well. Upon returning a lap later, they were all still congregated around the boat ramp at Shelly! I was then informed that they had just done a biathlon. Another lap later, they were all tucking into what looked like a very nice breakfast at The Boat House (still need to try this place - if it is half as good as Palm Beach, then I will be in for a treat)! Not long after, I saw Matt Bate running numerous times in the opposite direction. Same with Darren. Then I had a lady comment that she 'loves watching me run.' Why couldn't she have been about 20 years younger and single? 20km all up, holding a steady but comfortable 4:15 min/km pace. Heart rate under control averaging 125 beats per minute. Strides at the end followed by some yoga. I'll stay out of the ocean for a day or two after all the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment