Sunday 13 December 2015

Sunday long run - 30km

I wish I could feel this good everyday! I don't know what it was? Was it the speed session yesterday? Was it the amazing dinner last night (possibly best ever) at the brand new Sunset Sabi in Manly? Was it the new Oakley sunnies that I got yesterday on discount for 50% (still cannot believe that)? Whatever it was, I hope I can harness it again come raceday next year! A strong northerly wind made the first 17km quite tough, but pace-wise I was pretty much on the same speed as previous weeks. More importantly, effort-wise I was keeping the heart rate in the high 130's, low 140's. Felt really strong though, as if I was effortlessly kicking the ground to maximum effect. Turned around, and really made a concerted effort to not over-cook it. But to my surprise, each one kilometre split was about 10 seconds quicker than usual - even punching out a 3:23 min/km at North Curly (admittedly it was predominately downhill). In fact, the last kilometre was run in 3:03! That seems too fast, but I will take it (read: I think the Garmin may be telling some white lies there)! All in all, 3:46's at 145 beats per minute. Undecided whether to jump in the ocean this morning - not exactly a nice summer's morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment