Thursday 3 December 2015

Thursday session - 16km run with 20 minutes at threshold pace (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Word of caution - my GPS read too short this morning, meaning that my supposed pace was unbelievably quick! Yes, 'unbelievably' is the correct term. Nevertheless, still ran a session PB, so can't complain too much. Joined by Matty Abel for Threshold Thursday at Passmore Oval. Saw Tom, Macca and Quentin finishing their session as I drove in, feeling jealous that they were done yet I hadn't taken a step. A lot cooler this morning, definitely helping this morning. In all honesty, the actual 20 minutes at threshold felt very comfortable the whole way - really only digging deep in the final 60 seconds. According to the GPS, I averaged 3:05's. No way in hell. I got through precisely nine-and-a-half laps of Passmore Oval, equating to 6.175km. Therefore, 3:14's appears more realistic.  16km all up, with the heart rate peaking at 173 beats per minute. Sounds absolutely spot on for a threshold session.

Easy 8km along the esplanade before lunch. Felt average, 4:32's at 120 beats per minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment