Saturday 15 October 2016

Back again - Saturday easy 16km

I have never been so happy to complete an easy 16km in 4:29's. I came down hard on Wednesday afternoon with a horrible case of gastro, so was confined to my bed with a bucket on standby (which did its job) for the past two days. Kind of felt half decent by last night, so was quite apprehensive about heading out today. Convinced myself to stay close to home just in case. The biggest fear was a lack of energy, given that I have lived on toast and WeetBix over the past 48 hours. But once I got going, it was actually really nice. Much better than a fortnight ago when I started back up again. So just stuck with laps of the beachfront for 16km. Could have gone further, but I have made the mistake before of being too enthusiastic too early on, only for it to come back and bite me. Planning to go long tomorrow, especially if I can muster a return to a half normal diet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment