Tuesday 18 October 2016

Tuesday - Mona Fartlek (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Well that was a brutal introduction into the third decade of my life. A change in schedule due to falling ill last week saw the reintroduction of my favourite session today. Hands down the best 'go to' session when you simply want a good hit out that broadly targets all aspects of running fitness. Simple, concise and bloody effective! I was slightly apprehensive about getting back into it this morning (as is always the case on the first hard run back post-gastro), but decided to push ahead anyway (as I usually do). Started at Manly LSC and ran the session in the bike lane between Manly LSC and Queenscliff SLSC. The good news is I was much faster then last time (10 days ago), but still some way to go. 5.86km in 3:25's. Couldn't have gone any harder today. A quick laydown before dragging myself back onto my feet for an easy 5km cooldown. 15.6km all up.

Worked from home today so got out for an easy 8km along the beachfront just before lunch. Cracking day! 4:32's.

No comments:

Post a Comment