Thursday 6 October 2016

Threshold Thursday (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Always a solid session this one. Solo once again, so ran this along the beachfront. I used to do this session every Thursday at the back end of last year, and I reckon that including it as a weekly fixture did myself a world of good in the past. Simply, you run for 16km, with the middle 20 minutes at threshold pace. I wasn't expecting much today at all, just wanted to set a benchmark. Realistically, I thought 3:30 pace would be ok. In the end, just bettered this with 3:29's, getting 5.74km for the 20 minute effort. Obviously this is a long way off where I need to be, but I am actually quite happy with this for today. If you had have offered that to me pre-session, I would have taken it with both hands. Felt better than Tuesday at least. Then it was simply running at an easy pace to get to 16km. 3:58's for the entire run. Already seen a client and now time for breakfast. It's actually been quite tough forcing more food down post-session, but I am sure it is going to help.

Out this afternoon for an easy 8km. Bloody warm! Focusing on technique most of the way. 4:35's.

No comments:

Post a Comment