Saturday 22 October 2016

Saturday - Quarters (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

I got it done, that was the best thing about this morning's session. Forgot how hard this session was. The fact that it is shorter than Mona and Thursday's threshold run makes it deceptive - it certainly isn't any easier. Ran it solo in the bike lane along the beachfront. Probably went out too hard (in fact I did, just looked at Strava - the first kilometer was 3:09!!!), but at this stage of my training, I'm not concerned about that at all. It's about getting into the zone, suffering, and holding on as long as you can. Character building stuff. 16:25 for the 4.8km, holding 3:25's. Faster than Thursday, but the same speed as Tuesday (although today was 1km shorter). Couldn't have given it anymore, so I have to be satisfied with that. Was initially planning to add on some 200's at the end, but was way too knackered. A 5km cooldown for 14.6km all up. Managed to dodge the rain - another bonus. I'm simply going to keep on training, I'm sure my form will come back in time. At least I don't have any races for a while.

Out before lunch for an easy 8km along the beachfront. 4:28's, probably too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment