Thursday 20 October 2016

Thursday - 16km with middle 20 minutes at threshold (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Woke up nice and early to the most random sea breeze! I don't think that would have been a breath of air anywhere else in Sydney, yet a consistently strong ENE wind was blowing hard off the coast of Manly. That's always my luck. Now I am at home writing up my blogpost, its still now! Oh well. Anyway, back to the typical Thursday threshold run this morning, after missing last week due to being bedridden! Decided to ignore the conditions and run purely on feel (which I should be doing anyway, especially for this sort of run). In the end, finished with 5.73km for the 20 minute effort (3:29's), exactly the same as two weeks ago. Nevertheless, I am quite happy with this, given today was much tougher with the wind. It definitely hurt, in a hard but (mostly) controlled manner. 16km all up in 3:55's.

The wind is back. An easy 8km along the beachfront. 4:33's. Rest day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment