Tuesday 4 October 2016

Tuesday - 10 minutes hard, off 5 minute jog, 8 x 60/60 seconds on/off (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

I was quite nervous for this, as is always the case when returning to speed after a layoff. My hamstring had improved, but still not 100%. At one stage I thought I might have been solo, and contemplated going home and running easy. But Scotty showed up and we did the aforementioned session. I wasn't expecting much, and the reality matched my expectations. I stayed with Scotty for the first lap of the 10 minute effort (about 5 minutes), then he took off after that. I reckon I got out about 3km all up, which wasn't too bad for a first up effort (would definitely want to go faster than this over the next week or two). A nice recollection and a five minute jog was followed by the one minute efforts. This is where my lack of speed work really showed - I simply just went through the motions. Scotty was on fire. The good news is that for me it was simply a lack of conditioning as opposed to fatigue which had been the case prior to my break. A nice and easy 5km cooldown for a solid 17+km all up. A stunning morning!

I'm quite excited - feeling significantly better on every run since returning. 8km around Randwick before lunch in 4:44's.

No comments:

Post a Comment