Friday 16 October 2015

Friday morning run - 10km easy with 1 x 1000m, 2 x 500m pick-ups

Feeling a lot better this morning, thanks to a massive dinner last night (left overs from About Life Cafe and an eye fillet steak) and a massage from the one and only Phil White. Wanted to add an element of speed or race pace efforts this morning after a lacklustre two days of feeling flat, especially as I don't plan to run tomorrow. Ran from my grandma's at South Curly, headed to Shelly Beach with a 1000m effort from Queenscliff SLSC south. Held 3:04, quicker than what I wanted. Felt  solid, hard-ish, but relaxed and controlled. Continued running easy to Shelly Beach, turned around and as I passed Manly LSC, did the same as before but over 500m. Another 500m easy jog before repeating again - finishing at Queenscliff SLSC. Got back to grandma's at 9km, so ran another 500m easy before turning around and finishing at 10km on the dot (a bit OCD I know). Average pace was 4:16 min/km, 141 beats per minute - maxing out at 167 during the 1000m effort. The boss was kind to give me the day off work, time to head down to Melbourne. The weather forecast is looking great!

No comments:

Post a Comment